Tuesday 4 May 2010

This country is messed up.

This is one messed up country, I'm sitting at the day hospital at 9:30pm at night with my sick and feverish 3 year old. I'm definitely thinking bout how I'm missing my girls Blair and Sabrina(gossip girls-sabc 3, 9:00pm every nite) I guess no gossip for me 2nite. Its amazing that in todays health system a Doctor can walk past a child whimpering in pain and expect hi/her to wait their turn. What has satan created? Well that's life I suppose, my wild child has managed to fall the hell out of himself from the couch. Tarzan can't understand the words "don't jump on the couch!". As I approached him to take him off he wanted to take his last head-dive into the couch,missing by centimeters the back rest and diving right over,falling on is head. All I saw was legs flailing as he tried to balance his fall. I didn't respond the way a mother should,I laughed,told him it was his own fault and then comforted him. Now don't you blame me!,we all have moments where our kids refuse to listen to us and when they get hurt we feel on the inside that should teach them a lesson,or that they deserve it. As long as he doesn't get hurt. Well,I picked him up and dusted him off. That's what life is: when something happens,you pick yourself up and dust yourself off. That's what we teach our kids from birth(the trying to sit stage,the trying to crawl stage,the walking stage)that's life. Going to school,college,university(mabey)finding a job,being promoted etc. I think that people who give up on life and its problems(suicide) were most probably babies who got easily frustrated when the had to aim for the next milestone,trying to walk,falling,reaching for a certain toy,not being able to reach it. These babies scream in frustration at their mother to give it or they just give up. You as the parent shape their identity,will you give them their way or make them work for it. Hello? That's why God created chores,to teach youngsters responsibility. I mean, I hated chores,but what could I do? Today I'm a mum of two, college girl and what kind of person would I be if not for chores? I can't learn that on the job,I must know how,nor can I get lazy,who's gonna do it? Motherhood is the only job I think where you learn on the job.
Still in the day-hospital,haven't been seen yet,see you at the second coming as that's when I'm breaking out of this prison. I can't help but think that mabey if I just took the time and had the patience to take my son off the couch I wouldn't be sitting here, let's hope its the flu,so I can get some pills and get outta here!this is your GIRL signing off,till we chat again.
Gudgirl0
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment